- Fire Fighting Division
- Structure Protection Fire Fighting Division
- Forestry and Silviculture Division
- Industrial First Aid Ambulance Division
- Emergency Relief Division
FIRE FIGHTING, MEDIC & DTA/DTF JOBS:
Panorama is now accepting applications for: 2021 Fire Fighting Season for the following positions:
Wildland Type 2
Wildland Type 3
See training certifications requirements needed to secure employment with Panorama.
Job Application - Complete in full.
Only those who have a successful interview will be invited to a fitness test.
Fitness Test (Firefighters only)
All Wildfire and Structure Protection fire fighter applicants must pass a physical fitness test comprised of the following:
- Complete under 45 minutes: 5 km walk wearing work boots and carrying a 45 lb pack.
- Complete under 6 minutes: 3 sets of 20 sit-ups alternating with 3 sets of 20 push-ups.
This level of fitness must be maintained throughout the entire season as audits may be conducted.
List of items to bring for fitness test day:
- Work boots
- Rain gear
- Change of clothes
- Water and lunch
We are looking for applicants who have trained for this fitness test and who have tested themselves prior to fitness evaluation day. Although the minimum standards for the fitness test must be met it is important to note taking the fitness level requirements seriously helps you maintain a high calibre of work performance throughout the long work shifts while in extreme terrain. Maintaining a healthy fitness level reduces the risk of injury associated with fatigue.
Fitness conditioning encompasses a series of factors including: Nutrition, hydration, sleep, stretching ect. We encourage applicants to consider all of these factors when training for the fitness level requirements and later during your employment. Be aware of your limits.
This takes place on the same day as the fitness test if you have passed it.
Safety orientation is comprised of a thorough review of:
- Panorama's Occupational Health and Safety Program
- BC Forest Safety Council Accord
- Emergency Response Plan
- Job safety breakdown
- Vehicle safety
- Other related policies and responsibilities
- Fire suit sizing
- Proof of certifications
- Please provide all current certifications, we will make copies and keep on file.